Check out: Our Daily Bread from Radio Bible Class

 

The history of Horsham Bible Church Welcome To Horsham Bible Church

 

The roots of Horsham Bible Church date back to the mid-1940s when an interdenominational Sunday School began in the community room of the Horsham Fire House. In 1947 regular Sunday morning and evening services began. These services were carried on by part-time Pastors from 1947 to 1954.

At the signing of the Charter of Incorporation on January 12, 1952, general plans for a building program were on the way. In 1954 the specific plans for a two-story structure containing Sunday School rooms and an auditorium to seat 250 were completed and construction was begun.

As the congregation grew from its fourteen charter members local ministries increased and global outreach was launched through prayer and financial support of missionaries in a number of countries around the world. Along with congregational outreach to the local community, nearby missions as well as several in the greater Philadelphia area were added to the prayer and financial focus of the church.

In 1960 the Educational Complex was started to better serve the educational program and youth outreach. These facilities have been used for a Christian Elementary School and for various other programs involving youth of the community. Currently, eight classrooms serve as the home for the Horsham Children’s House (Montessori School) and the Play ‘N’ Learn summer program, Camp Kaleidoscope.

Being an independent, nondenominational BIBLE church, a strong emphasis on Bible teaching and study has always been at the center of the life of the assembly. Whether in the classroom, the sanctuary, at home, or (at times) over the radio, rightly dividing the Word of Truth has been an essential characteristic of the life of Horsham Bible Church.

In 1990 the original building and the educational complex were connected with a Lobby, rest room, and indoor ramp to make the building accessible to those with physical handicaps.

Horsham Bible Church has ministered in the community under the leadership of four successive Pastors, Rev. Royal Grote, Rev. Donald Kaufmann, Rev. Paul Brittain, and since March of 1994, Dr. Jerry W. Zweitzig.


Address: 220 Upland Ave.
Horsham, PA 19044
Phone: (215) 675 5922


 

by